Students Offering Support (SOS) is a youth-driven charity that ‘elevates education and ignites leaders’, locally and globally. Since 2008, our programs have been delivered on more than twenty-five campuses across Canada and 12 countries around the world, supporting an engaging 10,000 past volunteers and supporting an estimated 250,000 youth globally. Our most popular programs include: Exam Aids, Outreach Trips, Textbooks for Change, and the MCAT for Social Impact Scholarship!
As a Second Year Representative, you will be responsible for connecting second year students with SOS opportunities. This includes informing second year students about upcoming sessions, promoting and recommending SOS sessions to peers and on social media, and interacting with SOS posts. You will be expected to direct and help second year students register for sessions, and gather critical primary data from them as a means of market research. Your position also includes supporting SOS Vice Presidents and Directors across departments.
- Connecting second year students with SOS opportunities:
- Informing second year students about upcoming sessions
- Promoting and recommending SOS sessions to peers and on social media
- Interacting with SOS posts
- Direct and help second year students register for sessions
Desired Skills and Experience:
- You are reliable, responsible, and wanting to be part of a high-impact, high-performance team
- You have a hunger to learn and develop in the subject matter areas relating to your position
- You have a willingness to work as a team and individually to accomplish Departmental goals
- You’re passionate about SOS mandate to support student success at both a local and global level
- You have the capacity to meet regularly with your Executive team, departmental volunteers, and SOS’ National Head Office to support achievement of objectives
- Familiarity with SOS’ Operations are an asset; existing knowledge and skills in the subject matter areas relating to your position are a strong asset
- Availability to contribute to Goal Setting and Strategic Planning activities throughout the summer is an asset
Last modified: March 19, 2021